Missing Diver at Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are great temps for 250ft

Wow, over two hours for 25 minutes of searching time - and so long hanging at 20+ feet in murky water off gassing, over an hour of ascent and deco time. I take the smooth line is dive plan and the shaded area is overhead limits?

It's the decompression obligation. Basically the "ceiling" you have to stay under.

Thanks!

Wow, over two hours for 25 minutes of searching time - and so long hanging at 20+ feet in murky water off gassing, over an hour of ascent and deco time.

That's a typical decompression schedule for a 250' dive. There has to be something really worth it that deep to make me hang that long.

The graphs are from a liquivision X1
The smooth line is temperature (right side scale)
idive300 from H2Oaudio is your friend.

Question for the Tech Divers:

I dove the lake January 1st this year - at 60' the water was a nippy 48 degrees but the viz had to be close to 40 feet. The spot we dove is near the spillway (Heard some people call it "Terry's Cove")

What is the viz like near the dam at 230+' in early January?

It is almost always the same at depth, pretty good. We have seen viz all over the lake as good as 40ft in feb and march. Quite varible all over lake but viz is generally good in early spring.

Sounds like an excuse to get a dry suit . . . ijs . . .

Anyone know how the Scubateers are doing? the family?

Back
Top Bottom