Blue Grotto is up for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess the old adage "How to make a million in the dive business" just got more expensive.

It's been on and off the market for years. From what I understand, most buyers are looking at the property to sell bottling rights, but there's some injunction that keeps bottling from occurring there. That may be inaccurate or have changed, but it makes sense. I wish them the best of luck getting it sold.

It's been on and off the market for years. From what I understand, most buyers are looking at the property to sell bottling rights, but there's some injunction that keeps bottling from occurring there. That may be inaccurate or have changed, but it makes sense. I wish them the best of luck getting it sold.

I live close to there & as far as I know the above info is still correct. If I am not mistaken,, he turned that price down a few years ago !

IIRC the county has blocked several attempts at bottling water here. I think that's what made the first prospective buyer back out of the deal. I know some people close to this, I'll ask around.

If I remember right, some of the concern with a bottling operation was basically that the place is in a residential area. A small dirt limerock road leads to it. For any larger truck traffic, there would have to be major changes done to that road . Also, with the present state of Florda's lacking water supply [ YES, lacking ] , I think it would be hard to remove any water from our aquifers. Probably a dive site with some " extras " will be all that the place can be.
It is a beautiful place !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom