Nov. 5 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Canon S90 in Canon housing.
All shot in RAW with Sea & Sea YS-27DX strobe. No add-on lenses.
WB adjusted and file converted to JPG in Canon DPP. Additional editing in PS.

My only complaint is I used a generic battery in the camera and it was almost dead after 32 photos, assuming the bat indicator is correct.

site.png

nudi.jpg

frog.jpg

goby.jpg

ghost.jpg

fish.jpg

damsel.jpg

coral.jpg

Gilligan
Could you post the before intermediate and after pictures for the last shot plus the process you go through in PS.
I am always very impressed with your wide angle shots when you do colour correction.

I love number 4

Sea moths are so weird looking. Nice shots, as usual.

Love the first and third! Great Series!

Love the golden crinoid. They are always one of my favorite things to see.

Gilligan
Could you post the before intermediate and after pictures for the last shot plus the process you go through in PS.
I am always very impressed with your wide angle shots when you do colour correction.

I love number 4

Thanks for the compliment.

THIS is the process I used on the Crinoid photo. Keep in mind I am no photography expert and I'm surely no Photoshop expert. I use the free version of Helicon Filter for noise reduction on photos with blue water. I just prefer Helicon over PS for noise reduction.

Excellent production, I'm always amazed at your quality of the photos you produce.

Thanks, but maybe it's Photoshop and not me :shocked2:

old_diver_camera_laptop2.png

No Ways
The Image has to be there before you start.
Thanks for the tips, for a novice like me it's great to have some steps to follow.

Struggling with strobe, shutter lag, Photoshop, etc. Too many things to worry about.
Oh yes and at 30 meters below sea level as well Ops not the photoshop bit.

Great fun I would love to do this full time but someone has to fund the hole in the water filled with a Mad Scotsman. :dork2:

Very nice pictures with great sharpness and colors.

I agree about the battery situation. My only complaint about the S90 is the REALLY, REALLY poor battery life. I purchased the "Japanese" cell batteries (supposed better), and have all the "bells & whistles" turned off, but I can only get in 1 dive of about 30-40 pictures. Basically, a battery change after every dive--not good when diving in the Gulf of Mexico in an open boat.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom