Mammoth Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has any dove Mammoth Lake yet? I 've got a group in San Antonio thinking about making the drive out there and we're looking for information.

Yes, I try to dive it once a year. It is a great place with over 100 objects underwater.

A couple biggies that I enjoyed was the C130 airplane and the little submarine with hull penetration to see everything inside.

Mike has a map of the objects and structures underwater when you arrive next to the fill station.

Really great dive experience and super customer service at the shop.

:D

http://www.bayareadivers.org/index.html

What do you want to know?

Vis is only around 6'-8' right now but most of the summer was better than 12' with a few day in the 20' range.

There is free "primative" camping if you pay for the 2nd day in advance.

I can get you a more up to date map if you send me your email address.

Mammoth is a nice place to dive - lots of interesting stuff underwater.

And we spaced packing a lunch and lucked out because there is a very yummy little restaurant right next to the dive shop at the entrance to the lake. So you can drop of tanks to fill and eat lunch all at the same time :)

I really like Mammoth Lake. I promote it every chance I get. There is so much to see underwater and they have lines that lead to almost everything. When I went there vis was maybe 15' but I have also been when it can be 5'. Plan to make a lot of dives as there is a lot to see.

My buddies and I go there when we dive locally, visibility varies quite a bit but I've seen it 15-20' in places. Usually quite a few fish around too. I like the nice shelters that you can just back your car up to.

Best part is having Hydrosports on site, you can get your fills or rent something if you forget it. Finish a couple of dives and run over to the restaurant for lunch after a quick shower.

I made two dives this weekend with a little over 3 hours bottom time. The vis was in the 6'-8" range below 30'. Would have been a little better if there would have been any sunlight but it was overcast all weekend with some pretty good rain yesterday afternoon.

I have been diving in ML for over 3 years and got to the "Truck Plant" for the first time Saturday so I ran a line from it over to "Island Girl". And then yesterday I found a speed boat that was one of the first dives I ever made in ML back in '08. By finding it again I was able to extend the line on the East end.

I feel bad, this was one of those places on my list to dive this summer and I didn't make it. Then again I didn't dive anywhere!

Do you guys have room for RVs anywhere?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom