Beta testers required (dive center management software)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cerveza

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello interested peeps,
Firstly i better introduce myself im Martin and have worked in the Dive resort/training centers for over 3 years now, around 5 months ago i started to develop a software application in .php for scuba center management, at present i have about 2 months of development left (maybe only 1 month, im just being generous with the time scale) before i put the product out for Beta testing..
The reason i decided to build this project was that other "dive management softwares" dont seem to cut it.. and the one at my dive center was a nightmare to work with to say the least and i knew i could do better..

This product codenamed "thedivemaster" is looking pretty good and being .php/mysql is very fast. How does it work?.. well almost all of the database's are built, access is provided by login/password and user permissions are set by the admin (head Admin has total control on which areas can be accessed or even be seen by staff) however each dept be it reception,workshop, instructors etc can input and recall info at the click of a button into the areas they have been assigned access permissions to.

There are various modules in the application and are very easily updated with a bit of typing and clicking at your end, (rentals inventory for example).
All client info is database stored, (name,email,tlf, certification level, agency etc) (handy for auto emailing specific certifications and agencies groups with offers, did i not say there was an email marketing module :D all you have to do is type out the email and select the cert group you wish to advertise too and click "send".
When staff login they are automatically sent to the main page which holds any notifications/post-it type messages left either by the software or staff, ideal for keeping folks in the loop at the center.

Heres is a little list of things (there are more and suggestions are welcome)

Stock inventory... auto emails pre-designated people when stock is running low, requires servicing or testing.

Dive planing.... assigns bookings to boats/times, rentals required etc, collates info for cylinder contents, sizes and quantity.

Marketing.... Email marketing to pre-assigned groups,

Sales and rentals areas..

Client database...

Administration area (restricted to Admins only)

Staff and payroll (restricted to pre-designated persons only)

Messaging area.. keep staff informed/reminded.

Courses area.... keep track of your courses and planning of courses.

Calendar with date reminder/notification.

Workshop area..

Marketplace.. the market place ties into other dive centers who have this software, so they can trade/exchange miscellaneous or hard to get stock or maybe they want something that you are advertising..

each module is user friendly and contains other easily navigated sub-menus..

Requirements..Well as i say im looking for Beta testers, im figuring around 10 worldwide for a period of no more than 6 months (eventually the product will be multilanguage EN,ESP, DE).. while beta testing the software will be hosted on my server, each beta tester will be assigned a folder which only their dive center can access.. (via internet connection) there will be a link in the programme for beta testers to contact me regarding bug-fixes etc. In return each beta tester will recieve the final software licence free with free lifetime updates. :shocked2: (the software itself will retail for around 250-300$'s per licence)

any interested parties please contact me by PM on here, thanks

"....The reason i decided to build this project was that other "dive management softwares" don't seem to cut it.. "
I don't agree! Have you tried DiveShopManager?
A great Dive Center Software that doesn't need to run online, what for many dive centers might still be a problem because of poor internet connections on their location. Many dive centers here on Koh Tao run with DSM.

This doesnt need to run online either, you can if you wish add it to the backend of an existing website (create an admin folder from public_html) or install wamp (its free) on your own computer and just run the application from localhost..

Id love to test this, and personally like the online idea of it... please let me know if the beta offer still stands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom