2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see some of you are doing "weight-related" goals. While I could stand to loose a few pounds around my gut, instead my "goal" to find ways to stay "functionally active" several days per week. It keeps my endorphs up and helps me to feel better doing renovation work around the house... I'm just not getting any younger. LOL

Last night that meant doing Deadlifts and Kettlebell Presses.

3/4 Turkish Getups 45# x 5/side
(using two kettlebells in one hand, 25#, 20#)
Much tougher with the left hand than right
1K Row: 5:35
3/4 Turkish Getups 50# x 2/side
(using one kettlebell)
Again... tougher on the left side than right... need to situp more at an angle than straight up. It comes more naturally on my right side.

Wednesday 11/17 - Track Night!
1 mile warm up jog, followed by .50 mile of drills including high knees, high knee runs, butt kickers and quick stepping. Followed up with a time trial 2.0 mile run. Phew! And that's not all folks! 30 minutes of core. I am p-o-o-p-e-d!

Wednesday 11/17 - Track Night!
1 mile warm up jog, followed by .50 mile of drills including high knees, high knee runs, butt kickers and quick stepping. Followed up with a time trial 2.0 mile run. Phew! And that's not all folks! 30 minutes of core. I am p-o-o-p-e-d!

Sounds like you are really pushing hard.....During my time on active duty I spent my life with a group of guys who lived by the motto " When you have given all you have to give, you're only half way there." Keep going girl you're not done unless you quit.

Thursday 11/18 - Swim Night!
Rep Distance
1 x 100 Warm Up
2 x 50 25yds side kick (face the bottom), 25yds return swimming
2 x 25 Side kick drill with roll through head breathe to other side
MAIN SET
3 x 100 Laps with focus on proper downward head position
3 x 200 Steady lane swimming with 30" rest between sets
2 x 100 Warm down, slower pace with focus on proper form, drills, etc.

TOTAL Yardage 1350 (27 laps or 3/4 mile)

Once again the weigh in comes and goes, after one long week the scale god says 191 lbs. 10.5 months on the program for a total loss of 149 lbs. I'm thinking 2 more lbs and it'll be time to hit the brakes.

Once again the weigh in comes and goes, after one long week the scale god says 191 lbs. 10.5 months on the program for a total loss of 149 lbs. I'm thinking 2 more lbs and it'll be time to hit the brakes.

Nice work! You are an inspiration.

I weighed in today at 224.0, down 26.0 from 250.0 12 weeks ago. My loss for the week was -1.2lb. I had five dives and four days in the gym.

I am finding it easier to move around, my SAC rate has improved, I am diving with 2lb less lead, I can handle more cardio at a higher intensity than before and I have more energy all around. Not much downside that I can see, except I am going to need a new wetsuit, mine is starting to be a little loose around the middle..

Nice work! You are an inspiration.

I weighed in today at 224.0, down 26.0 from 250.0 12 weeks ago. My loss for the week was -1.2lb. I had five dives and four days in the gym.

I am finding it easier to move around, my SAC rate has improved, I am diving with 2lb less lead, I can handle more cardio at a higher intensity than before and I have more energy all around. Not much downside that I can see, except I am going to need a new wetsuit, mine is starting to be a little loose around the middle..

Well JT, it looks like all is working as it should. Keep up the cardio pushing and your SAC will continue to improve. Eventually you'll be down so long that you'll get bored and come up, before your air runs out.:D I had the same problem with my wet suit, but that's a problem I will gladly live with.

You guys are doing awesome! Keep it up!

Friday 11/19 - Day off. I was meant to jog but my legs have been hurting so I decided to call it a rest day.
Saturday 11/20 - 60 minute cycle ride with rolling hills in the RAIN! It was amazing and refreshing, but muddy. Tomorrow we have a coached workout with swimming and cycling.

Here's an odd question for ya'll to think about. If being skinny is so healthy and desirable, then why does everybody ask me if I'm ok or sick?

Back
Top Bottom