For those of you who like the Giant Pacific Octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent !!! I was glad to see ya'll were able to get that fish lure off of him also.

We found an octopus on our last dive day in Roatan in July, but yours is making ours look a little dinky...

ThanX for sharing your videos (loving the music also)

These are great. They sure are cool when you come across these big guys.

Great video's, Octos are my favorite!

Now I like octos, but wouldn't like to belong to a group where many of the females die after mating and tending their young. Glad humans aren't like that! Tee hee.

Now I like octos, but wouldn't like to belong to a group where many of the females die after mating and tending their young. Glad humans aren't like that! Tee hee.

The males die too, shortly after mating ... the species is only designed to live about five years ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Night diving season is now upon us and the likely hood of seeing an octo out in the open has gone up. I found this one in the bay of Whytecliff as I was diving with two newish divers doing a bay crawl. The 3 of us got to watch it as it crossed the bay for about 10 minutes. I estimated it was about 8' in size stretched out.

3116.jpg

741.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom