Fun things Newbies do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, since my wife isn't on Scubaboard I can tell one on her.

We went to Crystal River, FL to dive with the Manatee. What a zoo. There must have been 100 pontoon boats round "the hole" and countless divers. Being intrepid newbies we weren't going to let that keep us out of the water. We jumped in and swam to the descent location. As we descended it became more and more crowded. It was like a sardine can. After a while I could not locate my wife and finally decided to surface. She was there with a strange look on her face. She had lost track of me but found someone with gear similar to mine. She pulled on my (His) leg and signaled that she wanted to surface. After several tries without a proper acknowledgement, she decided to use the wifely privileged tact of grabbing and squeezing my (his) crotch. You can imagine her surprise when she finally got mask to mask only to discover it was not me. :rofl3: She said he looked a little shocked. I'll bet he did.

OK if this was a contest, you win:rofl3:

I decided to try my hand at videography, so I bought a Sanyo Xacti, Epoque housing, WA Lens, etc. On my fourth dive with this gear, I latched 7 of the 8 catches on the Epoque housing...

Missed out on some great video, but luckily for me the camera seems to consistently be the cheapest part of the whole setup. I was able to find a replacement on EBay for less than $200.

Back when I was still in the snorkel club, I forgot to switch to my regulator and descended while still breathing from my snorkel. Learned how to find my power inflator really fast! Reason #327 to dive without a snorkel.

I think we've all done that.

I forgot to bleed my hoses out before taking off the assembly and popped an o ring.

After about a 10 minute surface swim to the dive site...
Divebuddy: "Where's your mask?"

DOH!

No matter how many times you grab your snorkel, it will not inflate or deflate your BCD.

All the above. Except for grabbing some guy's crotch.

Was in Roatan at FI we were all gearing up and after about 10 min watching someone trying to get his suit on finaly realized he had his legs in the arm holes I nudged my buddy and the DM none of us hard the heart to say anything when he finaly realized his error he ended up with the suit on backwards zipper in the front knee pads in the back. After the dive I just had to say something so I asked how he liked the suit and pointed out it he would find it alot more comfortable the other way around.......

All the above. Except for grabbing some guy's crotch.
:rofl3:
Dive #8 after a 2 hour drive to the lake, realized I had forgotten my fins. Went in anyways and found out just how fast one could go threw a tank of air

:no: When boat-diving with current, don't take your fins off prior to gaining a secure hold on the ladder or drag-line just to make it easier to climb out. Doesn't work! You WILL be putting them back on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom