EPL1 macro help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When I am shooting macro sometimes the camera will not take the picture. I do depress the shutter halfway and the shot looks in focus to me. Any ideas?
Thnx

Do you get the focus lock indicator? If you don't get "the green light" (upper right green dot) the camera won't shoot. (That is assuming you are using auto focus.)

If you got the focus lock indicator, then I don't have any idea.

Thnx I might have to switch to manual or continuous shooting mode. I am using 1x and 4x diopters

A focus light is pretty necessary for your auto-focus to lock.

Jack

A focus light is pretty necessary for your auto-focus to lock.

Jack
I use the ys01 strobe and it has the focus light built in

Turn off the auto focus lock out (not the right term) burried in the menus which will let the shutter trip even if the camera thinks it is not in focus. I wish that housing enabled manual focus.

Turn off the auto focus lock out (not the right term) burried in the menus which will let the shutter trip even if the camera thinks it is not in focus. I wish that housing enabled manual focus.

Thnx I looked it up and I will use manual focus and multi shot

I don't think you can manually focus with that housing. There is only one ring gear and that is on the zoom ring (talking about the zoom lenses). Stated anothre way, the housing has only one control knob in the front. Thus, you could use it to control the zoom ring or the manual focus ring but not both. Now, having said that, if you use a single focal lenght lens (e.g. macro lens) I presume you could control the manual focus ring. Maybe that was Oly's thinking in not providing two ring gear controls on the front of the housing. Bottom line, you are at the mercy of auto focus. Good news is that a 9mm lens (18mm equivalent) at F 5.6 has an enormous depth of field and just about everything is going to be in focus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom