Safety Gear? What Safety Gear?? We don't need no stinkin...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredGarvin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just asked a dive operator in T & C - Provodenciales about the safety equipment aboard their vessel. They responded in a curt fashion. The operator was obviously miffed with my question, "How impertinent was I to question their safety provisions?"

I find it unprofessional and unconscionable that many dive operators fail to clearly identify their safety gear, such a s O2, non-rebreather masks, first-aid kits, radios, GPS, Radar, epirbs, hanging bar, extra regs off the bar etc. on their web sites. I think this information should be placed front and center.

One would think identifying safety provisions would be a sales benefit for dive operators, act as reassurance for their potential customers and perhaps be a requirement for recognition by the major dive certification agencies.

Just my thoughts... for whatever that's worth. :eyebrow:

Garv

I agree. Safety is number 1 in our business. We include all of our safety equipment in our boat briefings given every day on every trip. I'm selfish....I want everyone to know where the gear is in case something happens to me!

Jeff

Check out the series of posts in response to my Opening post under: "Advanced Scuba Discussions" forum post November 10, 2010.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom