The City of Annapolis wreck located in the Chesapeake Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to dive The City of Annapolis also, if you want to dive it let's put our heads together and make it happen. You can reach me at 540-840-1561

Mike

I am a professional journalist and maritime historian long interested in the sinking of the "City of Annapolis." I have been researching Chesapeake Bay steamers like her all my life. She has been referred to many times as an excursion steamer but she was, in fact, a year-round passenger and freight vessel that ran overnight between Baltimore and West Point, Virginia. I am not a diver, but would like to communicate with divers who have been to the wreck to get information on its actual location, condition, and possibly to purchase artifacts from and/or photos of the wreck. I would also be pleased to exchange information and photographs about this vessel. I hope for a response in the near future.
Jack Shaum

If you have openings I would be interested in diving with you on these wrecks.

Hi Jack thanks for the information. My grandfather, Russel Bew worked on the City of Annapolis at some point in time. He was not working for the line at the time of the sinking. He lived in West Point and was probably in his early twenties while working on the ship, I'm guessing it must have been between 1921 and 1926 . It you have information regarding the employees and discover any details about him I would would love to hear about it.

Mark it was nice to meet you at the SCUBA Shack the other day. Let's get together and get some local diving going!
Mike

Mike. I dont have charter contacts for the bay. There was a boat doing dives at the North end of the bay. I dont think they leave that area though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom