2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the same reason that when I shaved my head a couple years ago (always wanted to.. a bucket list thing..) people asked me if I had cancer...
It's like a Mask on the forehead, we were taught is a sign of distress. Forget any other symptoms. You see one, it must be true. :shakehead:

Here's an odd question for ya'll to think about. If being skinny is so healthy and desirable, then why does everybody ask me if I'm ok or sick?

Because gaining a few pounds every year and ceasing any meaningful exercise has become the [twisted] norm and going with the cultural flow is the easiest thing to do. Our mindset is so fixed on this, that many can't conceive that loosing weight or getting active is a healthy choice.... this despite shows like the "Biggest Loser", which people see as improbable for themselves as winning a large mega-lotto.

My wife and I are flying home today after four days in San Francisco, one of the world's great food cities. It will be interesting to see what the scale says on Saturday.

We stayed on our plan about 75% I would say. I had a salami sandwich at Molinari's Deli one day, but ate half there and saved the other half for later in the day. We ate mostly at Asian restaurants instead of the usual Italian and steakhouses. Breakfast was cereal or oatmeal, snacks were fruit.

And we walked ~five miles each day. Lots of hills. Last night we were so footsore, we cabbed to Chinatown and got one hour foot massages!

Now comes tomorrow, Thanksgiving. We are dining with neighborhood friends, bringing the stuffing and a vegetable dish. They will be tasty, but low-fat and somewhat gentle on calories. We will not show up for dinner starving and eat ourselves into a stupor. We plan on eating well, but sensibly, and hitting the gym with a vengeance on Friday!

If I can break even this week, or gain no more than a pound or so, I will be okay with it. And even if I do have a setback, that's all it is, it's not failure, it will just be reason to commit even more strongly.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

My wife and I are flying home today after four days in San Francisco, one of the world's great food cities. It will be interesting to see what the scale says on Saturday.

We stayed on our plan about 75% I would say. I had a salami sandwich at Molinari's Deli one day, but ate half there and saved the other half for later in the day. We ate mostly at Asian restaurants instead of the usual Italian and steakhouses. Breakfast was cereal or oatmeal, snacks were fruit.

And we walked ~five miles each day. Lots of hills. Last night we were so footsore, we cabbed to Chinatown and got one hour foot massages!

Now comes tomorrow, Thanksgiving. We are dining with neighborhood friends, bringing the stuffing and a vegetable dish. They will be tasty, but low-fat and somewhat gentle on calories. We will not show up for dinner starving and eat ourselves into a stupor. We plan on eating well, but sensibly, and hitting the gym with a vengeance on Friday!

If I can break even this week, or gain no more than a pound or so, I will be okay with it. And even if I do have a setback, that's all it is, it's not failure, it will just be reason to commit even more strongly.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
Somehow I lost -.4 lb this week. No dives, no gym days, just the walking in San Francisco and being somewhat sensible as to what I ate there and at Thanksgiving. I am at 223.6, down from 250.0 on 8/20/10.

Man the posting is getting slow around here.....Well! I thought Thanksgiving was going to kill the program, but fortunatly I survived it. I hit the scale today any surprised myself by hitting 188 lbs. Down 3 from last weigh in.

Hmm. I am up +1.2lb to 224.8, still down from 250.0 end of August.

I have had a craving for fruit and did in a couple of mangos, some bananas and berries in additional to my usual strawberries and apples. I also ate out four times, two Thai and two Vietnamese, and there were some noodles involved.

I got in some serious cardio and a couple of dives, so I thought it would even out. Weather permitting, I will get in 4 or 5 dives this week, continue the hard cardio, cut out all the fruit and see what happens next Saturday.

Joined the club to. Started working out with another diver at work M-F at lunch. Cardio and weights. Haven't missed a day in 5 weeks.

Hmm. I am up +1.2lb to 224.8, still down from 250.0 end of August.

I have had a craving for fruit and did in a couple of mangos, some bananas and berries in additional to my usual strawberries and apples. I also ate out four times, two Thai and two Vietnamese, and there were some noodles involved.

I got in some serious cardio and a couple of dives, so I thought it would even out. Weather permitting, I will get in 4 or 5 dives this week, continue the hard cardio, cut out all the fruit and see what happens next Saturday.

Some supposed experts argue that fruit is bad for a diet, especially in the evening, because of the suger. I say BSBSBSBS, I eat fruit all the time. I go through probibly a full watermelon, 5 lbs of apples, 5 lbs of oranges, a bunch of bannanas, and what ever else I can find in a week. That's in addition to the meat and vegitables. Thai and Vietnamese food is usually good for a diet, as long as you avoid the rice and noodles.

Pad Ka Prao over salad, instead of rice, is kick ass. My roommate is thai.

No rice, pasta, bread, potatos, gravy, corn, or simple suger.

Last edited:
Well...I say welcome. It's easy to join the game, it's a bitch to stay in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom