LCBR - which meal plan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drewdiveSF

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all - lots of great posts pointing to LCBR as the best place to stay/dive on LC but I wasn't able to find anything specific about which meal plan is best.

Please let me know what you recommend and, if possible, a brief justification as to why. I'm taking the lead on setting up a trip for a group and would appreciate the details.

Thank you!

I led a group there a few years ago and we had the full meal plan. I will tell you I think it is worth it, for a couple of reasons...

First, I didn't think there was much in the way of variety to warrant travelling off of the resort on a daily basis to go eat.

Second, no one in our group was at all disappointed with the quality and variety of foods offerred. Even when our morning dives brought us back late. We arrived within 10 minutes of the end of lunch, expecting to have to pick through the leftovers. Instead, they were bringing out fresh EVERYTHING as we were taking our seats. Dinner was as of the same quality also. A pleasant atmosphere, no shortage of a wide variety of foods to try, and never felt like "institutional" food.

PM me if you have any other specific questions-I'll answer them as best and honestly as I can.

I have to say, this was the only trip I've led where no one had any issues, and we arrived on the same day as a tropical storm (it left the day before we did). Only missed one dive, had a great time, and everyone raved about it.

Full. There is one small store on the island and the other places to eat are at other dive resorts.

ditto all that. About the only reason I can think of to get the plan without lunch is if you don't eat lunch. (Or were some rare folks doing things other than diving and so maybe heading off someplace many days with a picnic lunch to snorkel/fish/whatever.)

If you have a room with a fridge you could possibly get sandwich stuff at the little store (or not) and save a very few bucks, but not worth the trouble in the grand scheme of things.

We were there in Jan and are headed back next month - the food is amazing and worth every penny! As the others have said - not much to choose from off the resort - there is a little store up the road from the resort - the deserts were delish! :)

I've done the full plan and the breakfast/dinner plan. The breakfast dinner/plan works best for me as I prefer a light lunch. I overeat with the full plan.

It would be a hassle to try and go offsite for a meal every day....we've always done the full meal plan and it's excellent...some of the best resort food we've had in the Caribbean.

Your only realistic option if you don't do the plan with lunch is to eat at the bar and order off that menu. We have been several times and some people do prefer that because they don't want three buffet meals a day. We have had a few couples order the burger with fries and it's big enough for them to split they say so folks could save a few bucks by doing that. (The prices are reasonable off the bar menu) If I remember correctly, when we went this past May, we had the two meal plan and then folks could add the buffet lunch for the week for $114 per person. You just had to pay that before you got there. Some folks in our group added the lunch and some did not. It basically comes down to $19 per day for the buffet lunch because you will get 6 lunches out of it. But like others have said, the food is excellent so to me the lunch plan is worth it. But if you're not sure which way to go, just go with the two meal plan and let folks add the buffet lunch if they want it.

As a group leader I have found the best bet to be all 3 meals included. You really don't want to leave for lunch as it can cut down on your hammock time before the next dive! LOL! As everyone has said, the meals are delicious. Also, with all meals included, there is a lot less hassle.

Back
Top Bottom