love finding anchors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is just awesome. Thanks for sharing. The Detroit River is like an underwater junkyard. I hope you don't mind me sharing a pic, or two. The Remington 870 still
fires, but looks to kool to clean up. Had a three round duck load in it when I found it.
Just love finding stuff.

Attachments

• AR20071205_003602.jpg
    AR20071205_003602.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 188
  • AR20071205_003502.JPG
    AR20071205_003502.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 167
darol
my son and i also found an 870-express also!!!!!!!
hunters must get pissed when they miss
kinda like golfing,eh?
nice colections guys!!!!
have fun
yaeg

Wall hanger or good to shoot? Found mine off a lighthouse on a reef point.
Thought maybe it got a little too rough for a john boat or duck boat, and over she
went. Diving with a friend once who found a full automatic M-1 Carbine, good to go.
Ran the numbers on that one with local law enforcement. Thanks for sharing, Love this stuff.

I have a underwater torch, but we still use a hacksaw on the small links, it cuts very fast with a diver on each end, and the water keeps the blade cool so it lasts longer.

Nice find there Ed! We have found a lot of anchors in the St Clair river as well. The majority of them are smaller anchors for fishing boats. During our drift dives we pick them up and place them in piles for recovery at a later time. My two nephews were certified earlier this year and are having a blast finding lost and discarded treasures. There are quite a few huge anchors in the Detroit river on the Canadian side, recovery of these would be a major operation beyond my resources.

Attachments

• HPIM1037 (2).jpg
    HPIM1037 (2).jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 131
I would love to find a decent old anchor. I grew up in Michigan and I have a couple of buddies back there that dive and I really want a brass port hole from there BAD!!!!!

The steam ship china is a nice find indeed.

I have a underwater torch, but we still use a hacksaw on the small links, it cuts very fast with a diver on each end, and the water keeps the blade cool so it lasts longer.

Would that be a hydraulic or air powered saw?

Back
Top Bottom