Canadians invade Australia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! I'm already your buddy, old mates, we go waaaay back. :D

And we will be even better friends if you can find me a 6hp petrol engine to replace the 120Volt electric one I pulled of before I packed it into the crate!

U\O:D

Because being a 6hp motor that's about 5kwatts. So you would need a supply that could handle an output of more than the motors output due to the motors lack of effieciancy. ie. The motor needs more input of watts than it will deliver output due to energy loss in the conversion of energy. So you would need one better than the one that costs $1190... Far cheaper to go petrol and then your fill station becomes portable too! Also in Australia we get electricity from coal, this emits CO2 just like petrol however you are more likely to make more co2 useing household electricity than petrol due to all the in-effieciancies to get the power to your house... Unless of course you have an 8kw solar system on your roof and it's a 30 degree day...

Because being a 6hp motor that's about 5kwatts. So you would need a supply that could handle an output of more than the motors output due to the motors lack of effieciancy. ie. The motor needs more input of watts than it will deliver output due to energy loss in the conversion of energy. So you would need one better than the one that costs $1190... Far cheaper to go petrol and then your fill station becomes portable too! Also in Australia we get electricity from coal, this emits CO2 just like petrol however you are more likely to make more co2 useing household electricity than petrol due to all the in-effieciancies to get the power to your house... Unless of course you have an 8kw solar system on your roof and it's a 30 degree day...

Yeah...what he said...

I decided to bring it for the portability...places like the GOR where I cant get a fill.
Also I pulled the electric motor off for shipping...it weighed 20kgs.

Ok...I am now down to not having to take my socks off to count how many days left!!

But the big question is... do you have to take your mitts of one hand or both hands?

I always said one day I would put on a touque and mitts and start traveling.. the first place people asked me what they were is where I would move to! I did say I would bypass Hixon... they have some really winners there:shocked:

I always said one day I would put on a touque and mitts and start traveling.. the first place people asked me what they were is where I would move to! I did say I would bypass Hixon... they have some really winners there:shocked:

Its time for trivia for my Aussie family!!

What is a TOUQUE??...no WIKI or GOOGLE peeking burna!!!!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom