Costs for NAUI Master Diver/ Dive Master???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeCountyDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was just wanting to get some answers on what is costs on an average to get your Master Diver and Divemaster certs. I would like all agencies to post what they charge and anybody for that matter to put down what they have payed.

I know for NAUI you have to get your Master Diver cert before you go for your Divemaster. PADI is diffrent, I know how it works I just want to get some shop and agencies prices.

Thanks

I was just wanting to get some answers on what is costs on an average to get your Master Diver and Divemaster certs. I would like all agencies to post what they charge and anybody for that matter to put down what they have payed.

I know for NAUI you have to get your Master Diver cert before you go for your Divemaster. PADI is diffrent, I know how it works I just want to get some shop and agencies prices.

Thanks

Agencies do not charge the course candidate for the course; they charge for certification and teaching and learning materials, usually directly to the instructor or facility. The cost of this "stuff" varies a little but is only a small percentage of the total cost to the consumer.

You need to direct your inquiry directly at stores, facilities or instructors.

Cost can vary greatly depending on what level the facility is. We pay less than a third of what some places do for books because we're a "level 5" center from NAUI.
I'm a DM and never got my "Master Diver", also got my DM for free from the university. A lot of shops will certify DM's for little to no money if you're a regular with them and are interested in will work for them in the future.

Thanks

You dont HAVE to get your Master Diver. IF you can pass the Master Diver exam without taking the course, then you can go straight into the Divemaster course.

You pay tuition to the instuctor/diveshop. And if I recall, my tuition was $400. We met 2 nights a week (6-9:30pm) for 5 weeks plus had 10 dives. We had about 6 or 7 students in the class.

Not included were the books, or dive site entrance fees, or equipment.
Also, you pay NAUI directly for Membership and Insurance (if you want to be 'active' status).

$400 is about right for both Master diver and DM. I did both through my university and the master diver was part of an AAUS scientific diver course which was about $350 but also included nitrox cert. DM was $350 but again it was through school so I think it was a little bit less expensive than a shop. Prices vary but you're pretty much stuck paying whatever the shop you want to learn from. Like everything, cheaper isn't always best!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom