Oasis SRB 7700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just completed 7 weeks of radiation treatment for throat cancer. My burns have just about cleared up, I should be able to dive at the end of this week. One of the lingering issues from radiation is dry mouth. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Oasis regulator with this issue. I was thinking about setting up some kind of scholarship program with an existing Cancer Charity to purchase and utilize the Oasis for survivors of treatment who want to get back to diving. Would Sherwood have any info about how the Oasis works and would they have any interest in participation in such a program. I can not be the only person facing this challenge.

Congratulations on your completetion of the cancer treatment and thank you for contacting Sherwood. The Oasis utilizes the moisture retention fins that keep your mouth cool and comfortable during the dive. Please let us know what local Sherwood dive store you work with and have them contact us direct or let us know and we will contact them. These programs are much more successful when the manufacturer, retailer, club, organization etc all work together for one common goal. Please keep us up to date and congratulations on your progress.

Kevin,

I have had an Oasis since 2006 (using it in tropical waters). I don't have any medical condition that would exacerbate a dry mouth condition, but the Oasis has worked better at minimizing dry mouth than any other regulators I have used; however one can still get a little dry mouth with it. But the regulator is a solid performer. Hope this helps.

Jim

Kevin,

I am a cancer survivor, too. Congratulations on your progress and future success in your recovery.

I dive a well-serviced, 1987 Oasis because of the
moisture retention fins. I have never had dry mouth with it, and it's an simple, easy-breathing, indestructible rig.

Regards,
Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom