AT&T iphone service on Utila??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennecc

Reaction score
Hi,

I just booked a last minute flight to Utila for a quick trip before Christmas. Does anyone know if my iphone will work down there (the phone isn't unlocked or anything fancy). I saw some posts that said verizon works but I didn't see anything about AT&T.

Also, I know I can get a local phone cheap, but I don't really need to make any calls, I just want to be available in case my work needs to call me on my cell while I'm gone.

Thanks! :D

You need to activate international calling with ATT before the trip. Your phone will then roam to the local carriers...not ATT. It works OK but costs a zillion dollars to use it. I have used mine in Honduras several times with no problems.

As far as work calling your cell, leave it at home!!!!

Terry is correct on all accounts.

Make sure you have data roaming off. You can add the international data plan, but as much as voice costs, you will get a huge bill if you allow push notifications. I always just use WiFi if available to get my emails.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom