The City of Annapolis wreck located in the Chesapeake Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am up for this dive also.. 240-561-3456 or pm if can be of any help

Hi Jack thanks for the information. My grandfather, Russel Bew worked on the City of Annapolis at some point in time. He was not working for the line at the time of the sinking. He lived in West Point and was probably in his early twenties while working on the ship, I'm guessing it must have been between 1921 and 1926 . It you have information regarding the employees and discover any details about him I would would love to hear about it.

Mike:

Good to hear from you. I have not seen your grandfather's name among the names of Chesapeake Steamship Company employees I've seen, but must admit that outside of ships' captains, I really haven't seen too many names! I will keep my eyes open. What type of work did he do aboard the ships? Do you have any pictures of him on the boats or of the boats or docks? If you would like additional information or photos of the City of Annapolis or City of Richmond I'd be glad to send some along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom