FIX S95 housing - CAD pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know : Recsea was manufacturing in Japan the housings for Fisheye (Fix) which distributed them worlwide : they were partners.

Recently, they stopped their partnership and began competitors :
- Recsea still manufactures their housings (made in Japan) and now distribute them
- Fisheye began to manufacture similar housing designs but in China and continue to distribute them

Best I know is that FIX has switched to Nauticam sourced in China for their housings and the Recsea housings are made by the original FIX supplier in Japan which explains why the new Rexsea95 looks almost identical to the former FIX90 product.

Why this happened or if that is exactly what happened and who is affiliated with who and which importer is the correct pathway, BTCOOM. Does it matter really.

Here is a new domestic USA source for Recsea products I understand:

Bluewater Photo & Video |

FIX makes good products, Recsea makes good products, Nauticam makes good products. Whoever it is in Japan that is making the current Recsea and former FIX housings definitely made/makes an exceptional product.

N

Nemrod,

Thanks for the link to Bluewater! I'm still vacillating about buying a RecSea vs. one of the lower cost housings. I don't dive that often currently, so it's sort of hard to justify...but I was getting close to pulling the trigger on a RecSea out of Japan. I'm hoping to use it as an excuse to dive more though! Ha!

The thing I keep thinking about is the cost of losing just one camera to a leak - it'll pretty much pay for the difference in cost between the Ikelite/Canon and the RecSea (well, almost, anyway).

Thanks!

PDX, I have around 300 dives on my 3+ YO Canon A570 housing & have had no problems(knock on wood) to date with it....just saying..I know a lot of people want to take daily dumps on it---but--not me, lol....

so, what would be the advantage of one over the other? Or IS there any advantage to getting FIX vs Recsea?

Yes, the Recsea is like the former FIX90 and uses the same port accessories and has the same ability to utilize a wide variety of accessory lenses. The FIX95 has instead a fixed 52mm threaded port and can therefore only use 52mm threaded lenses of which the only common one I know off is the excellent Fisheye UWL-04, macro, dunno?

OK, so why might that matter? Easy, some people, many people, may already own any of a number of 67mm lenses or bayonet mount lenses that will NOT fit on the 52mm threaded port. As well, some people, many people, may actually prefer the Inon UFL165 bayonet mount lens to the 52mm threaded UWL-04 from Fisheye. The little Inon fisheye lens is smaller and the bayonet mount makes underwater lens changes a snap (pun) and IMO it focuses faster.

Note: All fisheye lenses are prone to flare and it is true, one must be careful with the Inon UFL165AD fisheye, more so than the Fisheye brand UWL-04 fisheye lens to avoid situations that cause the flare.

N

ripseven, nemrod thanks for your comments. I've been waiting for the Fisheye/Fix s95 to arrive here in Singapore.

I guess if the RecSea does indeed have the front control wheel in the same place as the Fix s90 i.e. on the left of the lens port then I will get that over the Fix s95, which I understand has the control wheel on the right. I'm right handed so would find the left placed control more user friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom