Diabetes and Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to remove any element of doubt with regard to my inquiry, attached is a link showing exactly the product that my son and I carry on our dives. I believe it is the same type of package as Insta Glucose, which others have mentioned here in SB. As you see in the link, that packge is sealed. The tip is snapped off to access the gel, and the package is soft. We haven't openned one yet, but I am believing that there is also air in the packge. I am believing that with those specifics, Pasley's thoughts concerning "nothing will happen" are valid ???

Ben
Glutose 15 Oral Glucose Gel -- Med-Tech Resource Inc. Online Store

After I just sent this, I re-read Pasley's thoughts. Using his toothpaste example, I guess my question in this post may be answered. But I still wouldn't mind confirming thougths. I realize that at the end of the day, we need to go try it for ourselves, but the curiosity has really struck me.

I would say it's extremely unlikely there is an air bubble of any significant size inside. Like a toothpaste tube, it likely won't try to re-expand to full size, either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom