Where to do check out dives in Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crosswire3

Registered
Reaction score
We're taking a family trip to Maui over the New Year and will be in Kahana for the first half. I took an SSI class at school this past semester, but being winter we aren't able to complete our check out dives until the spring. Since I want to take the advanced open water course next semester I will have to finish my cert while in Maui. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent shop to help me out. My family is also interested in diving or hookah as well as kayaking. The target date is New Years Day (my birthday), and hopefully someplace in or near Kahana.

Thanks in advance!

Simple would be the Maui Dive Shop. Other shops will tell you they'll do them for you but usually you'll get converted to another agency. There was another shop up in Lahaina that was SSI but I have no idea if they still are.

SSI participates in Universal Referral so Extended Horizons can give good West Side Universal Referral. There is no pressure to certify with another agency; you only do that if you want to do that, and it requires passing another exam, so almost nobody wants to do that. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom