Hello Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey there Dive enthusiasts! I'm new to Scuba Board and looking to network.

I am a PADI OWSI and Rescue Diver in the Pacific North West. Last weekend I dove the Titan 1 class missile silo in Royal City, WA with some of my crewmates. I noticed a good amount of inquiry about this dive while researching before the trip and would like to offer insight for anyone interested.

P.S. It was awesome!!

The guy you wanna dive with

How often do they do dives at the silo. I was thinking of going there soon.

Hey Raptor, sorry it's taken me a bit to get back. I think they take groups as often as they are contacted with interest. There is a general level of experience/certification level required, which I believe maybe AOW? Our group was technically the first to be in an organized expedition. When the shop owner and I last talked they did mention taking some time for extra clean up in order to make silo access a bit more user friendly. I have a write up with some photos and information if you're intersted.

Have you had any luck contacting the areas dive shop?

Holloway, welcome to :sblogo:!

Where are you in the PNW? There are quite a few Seattle area divers on the board; not quite so many in Eastern Washington, but I can point you to a few.

Now that sounds pretty cool. I explored (non-scuba) an old Atlas missile silo in Colorado over 20 years ago. Great fun. Diving in one would be a nice twist.

Hey Divers, please forgive my latency. I was briefly out of service. As a quick update and to answer some questions I am a PADI Instructor (formerly blogged as HollowayPNW) in the Pacific North West out of Seven Seas Scuba in Vancouver, Washington though my residence is Portland, Oregon.

I have a link to the published write up I did for the Silo Dive that a dive buddy of mine with a blogspot posted and we transferred to my diveshops website but apparently I have to make more than 5 posts first?. Let's get aquainted so I can throw the URL up here!

TSandM I dive in Seattle all the time and know many divers in the area. Are you familiar with GratefulDiver?

Back
Top Bottom