WTB: Faber/OMS LP120s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tlessard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Merry Christmas Swampers!

Looking for a matched pair of Faber/OMS LP120s for my PSCR rebreather. I do not need the valves. Does anyone in Texas have any that they could part with at a fair price?

I also have 2 unmatched Faber LP95s for sale or trade. One is a ScubaPro 1985 orig hydro in the rare (for Faber) hot dip galvanize with a current hydro from this year, and the other is an early 2003 orig hydro in standard white paint with a current hydro from 2008. Both include k-valves and tank boots upon request.

Thanks,
Trey

Please check Dallas Craig's list. There are two sets listed- 108 and 112.

Which PSCR are you going with?

Have you seen the new GEM from KISS?
Video- KISS GEM Action Video on Vimeo
While this is being shown at this point as a recreational unit it has to potential to be used as a technical unit by changing out the DSV dump valves.

Merry Christmas. Andrew

Hey Andrew,

How have you been? I'm a member of the OCDA dive team these days, and all of the units we use are DIR compatible PSCRs. Mine is the UTD version of the RB2000/RB80, called the NT1. Improvements to the orig design include an exhale heated scrubber section and all delrin construction. Here is a unit tear down: Home/scuba/photos/091109 NT1/DSCN0962

All the best,
Trey

Trey,
So what has been OCDA been up to?

The NT1 seems like an interesting unit. Have you had the chance to test dive the unit? That is a monster of a machine with two LP120!
I understand your decision to go with such a unit and it is an incredible tool. My best wishes on what avenues it will open up in the future. Take some good pictures!

Seems like we are going in slightly different directions.
I am heading towards a more add as needed approach. This is climbing, sidemount, lightweight, minimalist systems (not to be confused with Alpinest.)

Bring back only empty reels.
Andrew

Well, lot's of deep exploration going on in MO this fall/winter - but I haven't been able to help due to a lower back injury. Just getting back to it now. Hopefully get to the RB training this next year. No dives on it yet, but very much looking forward to it. It's a beast, no doubt about it.

I'm all SM right now...can't carry a twinset on my back yet. SM is a very nice tool.

Trey

I may have some, I gotta check with the owner to see if he wants to give them up.

I believe Mack and Rick have set me up with as many LP120s as I can possibly handle. This board is, as always, a fantastic resource - thanks Swampers!

FYI - my LP95s are still available for sale or trade.

Thanks, Trey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom