Nail Biting Episode of Seahunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea hunt was way before my time but i own the whole set and watch them regularly.

As for the single 72 canvas basket style harness, you can't wear a weight belt on the outside unless it is one of simonbeans' great reproduction basket harnesses with the safety modification. Be sure to ask for it.:D

In "Girl in the Trunk" he exits the water at the end with the regulator mounted upside down on the tank as he walks across the stage.

I also saw this on a poster by Coca Cola where a man is presented a Coke by the girl friend after spear fishing. The Healtways SCUBA is mounted upside down.

In "Girl in the Trunk" he exits the water at the end with the regulator mounted upside down on the tank as he walks across the stage.

I also saw this on a poster by Coca Cola where a man is presented a Coke by the girl friend after spear fishing. The Healtways SCUBA is mounted upside down.

I remember that.

I think my favorite episode though is, "Rapture of the Deep". I like all the goofy behavior they attribute to narcosis. "You mean there wasn't a giant squid?"

One other thing that you see over and over again on those old episodes are the tanks drifting around all over the place on peoples backs. It's like no one bothered adjusting the straps.

Or getting it slapped off by an instructor.

Who had instructors back then? I dove all through the 60s without ever even meeting one! Didn't get introduced to my first until I had to get certified when I moved to Catalina in 1969.

As for the position of the J-valve rod, I wish I had checked mine a bit more carefully on one of my dives. Both mine and my student's got pulled in the kelp before we descended to 90 ft to take a shot of a worm with a Nikonos. My bad.

OK, so now a big storm is moving in with the possibility of sub zero temps. So now I am watching my collection of Sea Hunt. Just finished the rapture of the deep episode. Now watching the Mark of the Octopus.

Who had instructors back then? I dove all through the 60s without ever even meeting one! Didn't get introduced to my first until I had to get certified when I moved to Catalina in 1969.

As for the position of the J-valve rod, I wish I had checked mine a bit more carefully on one of my dives. Both mine and my student's got pulled in the kelp before we descended to 90 ft to take a shot of a worm with a Nikonos. My bad.

The worm had a Nikonos? Man, that is a well equiped worm.

Here is a photo of Betty Frazee Haskins who played the stunt part of the "Girl in the Trunk". She is shown with a participant at the 50th Anniversary of Sea Hunt in Silver Springs.
P1050762-1.jpg

This is a link to the newspaper article on the Sea Hunt event in 2008.
Scuba group descends with 'Sea Hunt'-era gear | Ocala.com

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom