Mixing Xstream with Jetstream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walkman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings,
I just bought a new Xstream Deep MkIII regulator, 1st and 2nd stage. I have an old Jetstream 2nd stage. I intend to use it as a oct. Do I need to tune the 1st stage as read that Jetstream and Xstream have different I.P. need. Thanks.

You can, however the IP should only be off by 5psi or so... Not sure what they are, but if you're using the Jetstream as the octo, I'd be more concerned with the Xstream primary. The Jetstream is a bulky octo though... not my first choice

Greetings,
Thanks. So I guess the IP will pose no problems with the Jetstream. I want to use it just because it is here with me, and surely the Xstream will be a better alternative due to its size. Maybe I'll get another Xtream MK III 1st stage, and let my spouse use it. Thanks

Safe diving and enjoy...

Dear Walkman.

The Xstream and Jestream 2nd stages all work at the same intermedate pressure, so there's no need to adjust anything.

Best regards

Jörgen Nilsson
Quality Manager - Poseidon Diving Systems AB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom