Simple, easy Octo holder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...was using the octo holder with square hole and clip until I loaned it to somebody who was in dire need of a keeper during an ice diving course. It never made its way back ...lol. So I made one out of 1/8 in bungie cord and attach it the same way I would be attaching a snorkel keeper on a D-ring. Very cheap.

I've always liked the simple rubber Octo holders that look like a bigger squarer version of a snorkel keeper (already pictured above). But also, a few inches of bungee cord tied at the ends and looped through a D-ring work great, no major expense, easy to replace and keep spares. I've put these on rental gear, used a small zip tie to secure the loop to the D-ring...voila'! No more danglies.

:nodanglies:

The fastex clips are modified so they do not lock, a sharp pull and they are free. We use them on all of our gear and never have a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom