Aqualung Mikron 2nd stage with Apeks Flight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QatarDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have experience of mixing Mikron 2nd stages with other 1st stages, specifically the Apeks Flight?

The reason/logic is to have a light weight 1st stage with 2 HP ports for a transmitter and an SPG as I'm fed up with my transmitter failing mid dive, and I already have 3 Mikron 2nd stages, which I like.

(and I'm not keen on a HP splitter, messy and another point of failure)

(the transmitter is a Vyper Air, great setup, but has failed to transmit the pressure at about 70 bar, just when you need it at the end of a dive!)

Many thanks, Rob

Does anyone have experience of mixing Mikron 2nd stages with other 1st stages, specifically the Apeks Flight?

The reason/logic is to have a light weight 1st stage with 2 HP ports for a transmitter and an SPG as I'm fed up with my transmitter failing mid dive, and I already have 3 Mikron 2nd stages, which I like.

(and I'm not keen on a HP splitter, messy and another point of failure)

(the transmitter is a Vyper Air, great setup, but has failed to transmit the pressure at about 70 bar, just when you need it at the end of a dive!)

Many thanks, Rob

I have no experience in mixing these two brands although see no reason why you could not do so, I would have thought the bigger problem would be purchasing either as separates? I like the idea though I too prefer the Mikron seconds, no proprietary hoses, with the lightness of the Flight 1st.

It will work fine, both use the same IP.

Thanks Herman, that's what my dive shop confirmed, I'm just waiting for delivery........

Many thanks, Rob

It's comments like yours that have kept me away from buying a transmitter computer. I've heard this kind of comment repeated several times on dive boats. They're great, convenient and streamlined when they work, but it's a potential disaster when they don't. I can't remember ever hearing about someone having a near miss because their spg failed. It may be "clunky" but it's reliable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom