experiances with S&S + nikon D60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divejokke

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have experiance with a nikon d60 in a s&s housing?

I can buy one nearly new demo set for about 1500euro ( +/- 1900usd)
with standard flat port. (18-55mm VR lens)

The lens options are a litle bit limited on the RDX series but it covers the lensen that i want to buy in the future (60mm & 10-17tokina)

I only have my doubts on the D60. It is an older generation reflex and on the net i can hardly find some UW pictures taken with this set or an ikelite set.

It's my impresion that it wasn't a popular model for the UW photography community.

So should i go for this set or look for oly elp1 wich comes with a flash at the same pricelevel or invest in a canon 500/550d in a s&s or other housing.

Thanks

I have a nikon d40x in a aquatica housing with 16-85mm lens. I have used the 18-55mm lens also and it works good. The beef against the d40 and d60 is a simplified autofocus system. But it gets focus quicker than a d90 nikon as the simplified focus is better underwater. The d90 hunts for focus.

The Nikon D60 can take great photos in any housing. The main downside is that it doesn't auto-focus with non AF-S lenses such as the old 60mm lens, and the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye

The Nikon D60 can take great photos in any housing. The main downside is that it doesn't auto-focus with non AF-S lenses such as the old 60mm lens, and the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye
It's correct that the D60 doesn't take non AFS lenses but is the new 60mm whorse than the old one?
The advantage is that it goes behind the standard port wich saves money.

The Tokina is indeed a "hot" lens among divers but some of my budies have it and think about selling in the nearby future and take the 10.5mm Nikon FE.
They use the tokina always at 10mm and don't use the zoom.
What's your opinion on the 10mm sigma proposed on the S&S D60 charts.
Is it a competitor for the tokina or not?
Are there new S&S RDX housings in development?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom