Need recommendation- Dive shops nearby of inside RV campground arounf Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manta israel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I will visit Florida around February and March, We will use a C30 RV for transportation.
I take my scuba gear from home (just need tank and weights).
I'm looking for dive shops located at a RV campground so the rest of the family can stay at nice place while me and my buddy can go to shore/boat dive nearby.

We plan to visit the keys, and both east and west cost of southern Florida.

Thanks ahead,
Michael

What a fun trip that will be!

Are you constrained only to RV parks with dive shops? That is going to totally limit your possibilities. There are many with dive shops or dive boats nearby, but not a lot with dive shops inside. Pennekamp Park in Key Largo comes to mind, but there are many other choices in the area for dive operators besides the one in the park. There are also places around the state to park and dive springs, but I don't have a current list.

If you have use of a vehicle, it will greatly expand your choices.

Thanks Debby,

It is a family trip - so we need to take care for members that not diving.

I start to check possibilities of shore dives when we can take tanks and park the RV at nice beach- Again is there something with parking place for RV ?

I understand, but couldn't they enjoy themselves at the park while you drive a couple of miles to your dive destination?

I'm sure there are many beaches where you can park an RV. I'd recommend investing in a good RV travel guide to get that information.

I believe Devil's Den spring has an RV park or campground. There is a small ranch next to the site that rents horses: if your family is into that sort of thing.

Florida's Pre-Historic Spring -- Devil's Den!

Pennkamp State Park is a good suggestion, there is a dive op in the facility (though it only goes to shallow reefs): the family can kayak, snorkel or hike in the park

Hi,

I will visit Florida around February and March, We will use a C30 RV for transportation.
I take my scuba gear from home (just need tank and weights).
I'm looking for dive shops located at a RV campground so the rest of the family can stay at nice place while me and my buddy can go to shore/boat dive nearby.

We plan to visit the keys, and both east and west cost of southern Florida.

Thanks ahead,
Michael

If you are headed to the Keys, you can park in my parking lot right at the dock. No problem, free of charge.

If you are headed to the Keys, you can park in my parking lot right at the dock. No problem, free of charge.
Now that's a nice offer!!!! Chris didn't mention that there is a restaurant on the property, another few nearby, and kayaking nearby. This is a DEAL.

I just recalled: Ginnie Springs also has a campground and other activities

Divng at Ginnie Springs
:shocked2: One of the VERY WORST camping experiences of my life was at Ginnie Springs. The next campsite was full of drugging, drinking, hell-raising partygoers and the management would do NOTHING. We were up all night, miserable, enduring the pure hell. We all pulled our tents down the next morning and left, angry. They offered us future free weekends that we tore up in front of them. Never again. :shakehead:

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I'm quite excited to visit and dive Florida:D

Manatee Spring State Park, in Chiefland Fl. , is a very nice place to camp with the RV & make a couple of decent dives. Pretty inexpensive as well. Non divers will love the natural beauty of the park while you are diving. There is NOT a dive shop onsite, or local air fills, either. You can get those at Devil's Den & Blue Grotto dive sites in Williston, about 30 miles away. Near $40 to dive there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom