Holland America 4/1/2011 Aruba and Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ezzy_67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going on Holland America to Aruba and Curacao - only dive offered is a one tank on Aruba. We will arrive in Aruba at 1:00 p.m. and leave at 11:00 p.m. Any suggestions as to a p.m. dive op? as well as restaurants or things not to miss after diving?

For Curacao the ship does not offer any dives. We arrive at 8:00 a.m. and depart 5:00 p.m. Again, any suggestions for dive op, restaurants or things to do.

Thanks for all information.

You're going to disembark too late to get over to one of the Ocean Encounters locations for their morning boat dives. They have a cruise program but not with the HA line. But you might check with them?

One option might be the shore dive program at the Dive Bus location. They dive Pierbaai which is one of the better dives in that area. The Dive Bus - Cruise Ship Passengers

Or dive the Carpile site - http://www.atlantisdiving.com/Carpile.2773.en - fyi the building to the far left in the top shot is:

Surf & Turf - a restaurant option in that area. It's a very casual small place - good food, nice view. Not overly cheap though - we had really fresh lobster there one afternoon. My buddy's wife is a Curacao native - she recommended it. http://www.surfenturf-curacao.com/engels/index.html

Or check with Atlantis Diving, they also have a cruise program. They're within a few minutes of the cruise port downtown. Atlantis Diving Curacao - Cruise ships

Another option would be the Tugboat dive in Caracas Baai. Tugboat Do the wall to the SE first then come back in over the tugboat - it's only 20' deep. The pier nearby is excellent. It's farther east and more difficult to find - a cab might cost more roundtrip than renting a car. There's a dive school on site - I'm fairly certain we rented tanks from them. And there's a small bar there also.

Last edited:
i'm doing that cruise feb 18th. Already booked the 1 tank in Aruba. I'm disappointed in the dive offerings from HA.....went on a Princess cruise in Dec and had dives booked in St Thomas and Grand turk....both 2 tank

I went with Atlantis on my cruise. They picked us up in a truck outside the terminal, drove to the shop, gave us coffee and drove to two dive spots, the Little Tug and a soft coral wall. Then back to the ship. They were great.

DiverSteve,
Have you heard how the snorkeling is at the Dive Bus/Pierbaai area? I will be going in Dec and wondering if it is worth going there? Do you know if they have a beach area for my friend that doesn't snorkel? Thanks!

I second and third the recommendation of the Dive Bus. Mark and Suzie are the best on the island in my opinion. :D Have a great Dive!!

i'm doing that cruise feb 18th. Already booked the 1 tank in Aruba. I'm disappointed in the dive offerings from HA.....went on a Princess cruise in Dec and had dives booked in St Thomas and Grand turk....both 2 tank
My husband and I have a potential trip out in the afternoon of Feb.18th to see airplanes. If you are interested in joining us we are looking for a group of 6 so personal message me and I will give you the details. Thanks!

Interesting! I am booked on Westerdam out of Ft. Lauderdale on 2/19 and doing half moon cay, Aruba and Curacio.
The Aruba dive excursion (that I have already booked) is listed as two tank dive.
But like you mention Holland America doesn't offer anything in Curacio. I have been in contact with Ocean Encounters and I may book with them.
They indicated they leave at 10:30am and get back at 3:30pm. However they are on AST. Our ship is in from 8am to 5pm EST (which is 9am-6pm AST) so I believe I have the time to do it.

:)Did 5 cruises w/Carnival since last June.

Back
Top Bottom