Insulting ad for invade Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As a retired member of the United States military and coming from a long line of men who served our country, I am very put off by the new advertisement "Invade Cozumel" where scrolling pictures of former campaigns are shown. When the United States was called upon to secure the freedom of the people in the countries you claim we invaded, they made sacrifices that should not be made light of. I find the comment that our brave men and women "invaded" these counties to be highly insulting.

Please modify or cancel this grossly insensitive add.

Couv

Anyone else feel this way or am I being too sensitive?

I thought it was an odd advertizing angle. I don't think you were being too sensitive.

Nothing about going to Cozumel (at the same time everyone else is going) interests me.

-Mitch

Active duty Navy, 1999 to present and currently deployed. I had to do a double take when I saw the add, but I found it kind of amusing and not at all insulting. In fact I had made a similar joke a few times before.

I use the term invade all the time.
Aussies have invaded Bali. Americans have invaded Cancun. Bedbugs have invaded our cities.
Stupidity has invaded our TV sets. Mice have invaded the field behind my house. (I actually have a long list, but you get the point.)

In no way do I perceive it as an insult towards the men and women that serve or have served our country.

The Florida Keys may find the banner statement "Let's invade someplace nice for a change". particularly offensive. IJS...

Active duty and deployed; takes more then that to set me off.

We need two threads for this now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom