Housing for G11?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately. the G12 camera will not fit in the FIX G11 housing because of the front wheal.

Unfortunately. the G12 camera will not fit in the FIX G11 housing because of the front wheal.

Ah!! tks so much for your answer oyoroi.
Funny that it contradicts the answer coming from the dealer from whom i bought the g11 and the fisheye fix11... he said the g12 fits no problem :idk::confused::D

The G12 and G11 share the same housing. I purchased the
G12 and use canons housing with the IST video light. Here
Is a hd video with the set up.
Diving Kuredu The Maldives on Vimeo

Canon only offers one housing for both, but it does support the front wheel on the G12. Ikelite offers two housings, one for G11 only, second for G11/G12 with front wheel support.
Ikelite Housing for Canon Digital Camera

The protruding front wheel on the G12 makes it not fit in a FIX G11 housing.

Canon only offers one housing for both, but it does support the front wheel on the G12. Ikelite offers two housings, one for G11 only, second for G11/G12 with front wheel support.
Ikelite Housing for Canon Digital Camera

The protruding front wheel on the G12 makes it not fit in a FIX G11 housing.

The housing from 10 Bar will house either the G11 or the G12. No front wheel support is available.

That sounds good ScubaMarc, but i was talking about the FISHEYE FIX 11 housing for the G12... and not the Canon housing.
cheers :wink:

canon website says it is the same case as the g11, you can not use the front dial, but there is a workaround for that.

Final verdict about a G12 camera fitting a Fisheye Fix G11 housing

==> it doesn't match :dork2:
the front wheel of course is out of use
The iso and mode nod don't fit either... by 1mm

i abandoned the idea of getting the upgraded G12 and got myself a new G11 that fits and works perfectly with the Fisheye Fix G11 housing

I've told ya MESS131 :wink:
You may also get a feedback to your dealer :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom