Feb. Norwegian Spirit- when to dive when to hike?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crayolabarb

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! We're cruising from New Orleans on the Norwegian Spirit in Feb. and I'm looking for suggestions and recommendations for what to do to get away from the cruise ship crowds and explore below and/or above water in all our ports as this will be my first time in: Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya.

I will be traveling with 2 divers and 3 non-divers/snorklers/ hikers, so I'd like to balance the trip between "HAVE TO SEE" dives, and "Really beautiful" rainforest hikes, if that is possible.

I'm Blessed to have stayed on Coz 32 yrs ago (Before so many Cruise Ships), but as an avid snorkler, not a diver. This time I'm going to dive for sure!

Love this site and looking forward to hearing your experience and knowledge.
Thanks everyone! :kiss2:
crayolabarb

The only place to have your "Really beautiful" rainforest hikes will be in Belize.

If you don't want to dive in Costa Maya (probably the weakest dive location) - go on a trip to the Ruins.

Roatan and Cozumel have the better diving.

Belize diving is good, if you take the cruise excursion - but it is pricey - normally not crowded because of the price. It goes to Turneffe Atoll which has some of the clearest water you will find and since it is not dived heavily, there is normally lots to see.

I'm taking the same cruise at the end of the month - and diving at all four ports.

Thanks so much TN Traveler.
Glad you're back into diving- I haven't been able to go for 2 yrs but dream about it.
I can't wait to be "suspended in paradise" again! Hope we both have great trips in Feb.
Crayolabarb

This will be my first trip since surgery in October. After 3 months of Physical Therapy they have consented to my diving again. I have to admit they have targeted getting me ready - had me bring in my gear and have me doing lunges, squats and climbing stairs with a full kit. :D I'm probably in better shape than I've been in in the past 30+ years.

agree with you there. Went with Maya Palms resort in Mahajual, Las Rocas Resort in Roatan and Blue Magic Scuba in Coz on the Spirit on our Thanksgiving cruise. Belize is pricey, not worth it.

Next cruise leaves San Juan Feb 27- Dive On !!

We are using:

Blue Ocean Safari in Mahajual
Coconut Tree Divers in Roatan
Ship's excursion (Hugh Parkey) in Belize
Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel (this is a combined scuba/snorkel trip with wife's son/girlfriend).

All are cruise ship friendly and will work with our schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom