marking tanks with your lobster lic ID#

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Argh.. So now I have to re-number all my dive flags that I wrote my old permanent number on with a sharpie. That sucks.

Steel wool will take sharpie and paint pen markings off of tanks. It also does wonders for polishing up the chrome on regs as well.

Does anyone know of a way for us CT divers to get a MA permit?

Y ou may be able to get one for $60 I think its good for june15 to sept15 not entirely sure about it though. Check Mass. DMF :)

I'll double check. The last PDF that i had downloaded from the website (i think) said that it was for Mass. residents only?

EDIT

Here's what the pdf says:

Who can get one?
U.S. Citizens and residents of the
Commonwealth
1. Parental consent is needed if the
child is under 17 years old
U.S. Citizens and non-residents of
the Commonwealth who:
1. Temporarily reside in any coastal
city or town of the Commonwealth
and…
2. Own more than $5,000 in real estate
within the Commonwealth as
determined by tax records
Non-U.S. Citizens who are not
residents of the Commonwealth
shall:
1. Provide a copy of the alien
registration receipt card issued by
the U.S. Dept. of Justice,
Immigration and Naturalization
Service to the applicant and…
2. Temporarily reside in any coastal
city or town of the Commonwealth
and…
3. Own more than $5,000 in real estate
within the Commonwealth as
determined by tax records
Non-U.S. Citizens who are residents
of the Commonwealth shall:
1. Provide a copy of applicant’s alien
registration receipt card issued by
the U.S. Dept. of Justice,
Immigration and Naturalization
Service.
What does it cost?
$40 for residents of the
Commonwealth
$60 for all non-resident

So unless you own $5000 of real estate up there, you're out of luck?

Last edited:
Just for hahas, I just registed with MassFishHunt. It took all my info, but isn't offering me the lobster permit in my shopping cart. Could this be because of living in CT?

BTW, your customer ID, from which your new numbers are derived, will change if you do not renew your license for a year. Happened to me. While you're on the site, if you're over 60 (sigh) you can get a free saltwater fishing permit. Just have to pay a processing fee which is less thatn $2. Of course, that does not take away the sting for needing a license in the first place.
Jim

Just for hahas, I just registed with MassFishHunt. It took all my info, but isn't offering me the lobster permit in my shopping cart. Could this be because of living in CT?

Yep, sorry JBert but as the abstract you quoted says, must be MA resident or own property (that's what the non-res fee is for).

We're lucky they even allow us residents to catch em...or even allow us to breathe in this state! :shakehead:

BTW, your customer ID, from which your new numbers are derived, will change if you do not renew your license for a year. Happened to me. While you're on the site, if you're over 60 (sigh) you can get a free saltwater fishing permit. Just have to pay a processing fee which is less thatn $2. Of course, that does not take away the sting for needing a license in the first place.
Jim

I have been using my customer ID number as my number from the beginning, so maybe I'll just keep doing that! :wink:

your ID # is not your customer # - it's the last 5 digits of your customer # - just to make things a little more difficult. And I wouldn't mess around - I had a friend get chastised by the env police for her sharpie flag #'s not being 1/2" thick. Luckily she wasn't lobstering at the time - I could tell by his attitude that he would have made an issue out of it....

Back
Top Bottom