Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
Suunto Vyper is a nice computer. Big and readable screen. Air+nitrox. Alarms: time, depth, ascent rate, ppO2. Not ideal for night dives (backlight 30sec).

Decent software (Suunto dive manager) included. You need to purchase the USB cable separately, if you need it.

couple specific models i have looked at are the Cressi Archimedes and the Oceanic Geo 2.0.

couple specific models i have looked at are the Cressi Archimedes and the Oceanic Geo 2.0.

Are you looking at WRIST computers or WATCH computers? They have different form factor:

The Archimede is a "wrist dive computer" while the Geo 2.0 is a "watch dive computer"

im looking for a computer that i can wear on my wrist. that is the type that im looking for. i want a computer to were it can go with me as i become more experienced and also does altitude compensation as well.

There have been a number of reports here on ScubaBoard of the Oceanic Geo having battery/power reset issues. I don't recall whether this problem affected the first version, the Geo 2.0, or both. Do a search and read up about it before you purchase anything.

i dont plan on getting one till spring and have been doing research, but i have found it more useful to get first hand accounts on the models that im looking at.

I'd look into Suunto computers. I have been using them since early 90's no problem. They have several models to choose from according to your budget and features you want.

How does the Zoop stack up for a wrist computer? I see that they must have went back up in price at Leisure Pro - $275.

Suunto Zoop, Viper etc, easy battery change, mines done 614 dives since last battery change and still showing 3 bars, and also probably the best back up service with Suunto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom