2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I haven't been around to give the moral support guys, but it looks like everybody is doing great. I'm still trying to stabilize my weight. I thought it was going to hold around 188 - 190 but the god of the bathroom tells me I'm at 186 now.

Good luck to all!

Hey all!
jrossjr79 Congrats on sticking at it... You can do it. Just think that IF you did quit how horrible it would taste. And really, it's just yukky stuff anyhow, why waste the money, time and all the progress for a stupid cigarette? (That's about what I told myself when I quit, I just reminding self all the negatives.. and it helped)

Deepwater, congrats on the body demanding less of you!

I was gone this weekend camping. Though I set myself up for healthy eating, and did pretty well, I didn't do too bad. Overall Ok. Even the rum sipping was less than usual (1 shot = 4 points. I only get 29/day)

Great to see you all doing well! Keep up the good work!

I haven't made so much progress yet -- but did manage to start hitting the cardio again and have already logged 3 sessions of 30-45 minutes this week.

Also have started reigning my food in, so with luck a bit of weight loss is on the horizon for next week.

Tuesday night weigh in is -1.4lbs! Steady does it. As long as I keep at this rate, I will be able to get that new 3mm wetsuit for Coz...

I'm holding fairly steady in the 157-159 lbs range, 17% body fat. To go from my ~175 and 18% to this, I've been barely following the slow-carb diet from The Four Hour Body. After this weekend, I plan to be more strict with it, plus do the recommended roughly hour per week of working out and see where that takes me.

I weighed in today, a day earlier than usual. I am diving Saturday and Sunday, early boats, 3 tanks each day.

I came in at 212.2, down 2.4 from last week. For perspective, I began my program 8/28/2010 at 250.0lb. On 1/1/2011 I weighed in at 216.4.

So I am down a total of 37.8 in 20 weeks and down 4.2 so far in 2011. I'm getting in more cardio and while still lifting, I am using smaller weights and doing more reps.

Six wetsuit dives in our refreshingly cool water this weekend, and hopefully a good week at the gym ahead. Have a good week, all.

I weighed in today, a day earlier than usual. I am diving Saturday and Sunday, early boats, 3 tanks each day.

I came in at 212.2, down 2.4 from last week. For perspective, I began my program 8/28/2010 at 250.0lb. On 1/1/2011 I weighed in at 216.4.

So I am down a total of 37.8 in 20 weeks and down 4.2 so far in 2011. I'm getting in more cardio and while still lifting, I am using smaller weights and doing more reps.

Six wetsuit dives in our refreshingly cool water this weekend, and hopefully a good week at the gym ahead. Have a good week, all.

Good job JT. keep after it and before you know it the mermaids will be lining up to hold your tanks. :D

I got to dive Friday night. I think it did me in. Pushing too hard with the exercise too soon. I think my body needs a little more recovery time as I spend the most part of the weekend sleeping and not doing much. Did take the pups to the park on Sunday morning and I did get about 10-15 min of easy walking in, yanno, just to keep the body loose.

Eating wise.. I've had some challenges and so far so good. Thursday was girls lunch at work. A friend and I checked out the website of the restaurant we were going to, found the nutrition info, and made our choices.
Friday night after the dive, I gave up the rum runner (the BEST in the area too) because it has 4 shots of various rum in it.. 4 shots = 16 WW points! So I had water instead with my bowl of chili.
Saturday we had friends over, and with my eating light and one guest a vegan, well, we all ate well and had points to spare. Yummy recipe for Crab Cakes that's only 5 points each! Dessert was fresh fruit with caramel and/or melted chocolate. Both the caramel and chocolate are 3 points each for 2 tablespoons, so I had one tablespoon of each.

Down another 2lbs last week. Got the workouts a nutrition dialed in so I'm good for the long haul.

Working out before work has been key for me, I'm too tired to bother after work, but when I work out before I'm energized throughout the day.

Good for ya Queen!
Weigh in tonight. Got my first 5 lb. sticker! Lost 3 pounds this week! Whoo hoo!! Good ending to a really crummy day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom