Halcyon quick-release weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BMW

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
These weight pockets attach to your waist belt. Each compartment can hold two five-pound slab weights, so you can carry up to 40lbs of lead - I only ever had 26lbs in them.

In an emergency just grab the plastic loops and pull, the weight just falls out. The loops would come out easily, but not /too/ easily. Putting the pockets back together would be pretty easy.

$25, plus shipping

PM or email bryan@arbores.ca

IMG_6459.JPG

Last edited:
Hmmm. The title of this ad claims "Halcyon" branding. Although the design looks interesting, cosmetically it's missing the magical H's.

It does look like an interesting DIY solution to adding ditchable weight to a BP/W, though. Perhaps it should be advertised as such.

The weight-release mechanism is similar to the one used in the DUI Weight & Trim.

Good luck with the sale.

Did you make these?
They look like a DIY...

No I definitely did not make them myself - I am not that good ;-)

Maybe I am confused - I bought them with a Halcyon BP/W etc and they were sold as part of the package, a "Halcyon system". You are correct - they do not have a blue H on them so maybe I am confused ?!? They are 5-6 years old, and sold to me by Ogden Point Dive Centre in Victoria.

To be fair - I will edit my post and remove the word "Halcyon" just in case.

ok - I edited the first post but cannot see how to change the title of the thread itself. Sorry if there was any confusion - no intent on my part to mislead.

UPDATE

I heard back from the shop where I originally purchased these. Here is the reply:

"Yes we have some for sale in the shop! I can't recall of the top of my head
the cost but I believe they are around $69.95 - 79.95 + tax for the pair.
They are made locally on Vancouver Island. I don't believe there is a brand
name for them!"

So of course they are not Halcyon. Sorry for the confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom