Aqualung / U.S. Divers Impulse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

syruss32

Reaction score
Okay all of you knowledgable ones,

What do any of you have to say about the Impulse regulator? Anyone know where there is a review of such, I haven't found much in the way of detail but all the comments were positive.

So ask you humbly to tell me what you know.... :wink:

The Impulse second stage is available with two different first stages. The high end SEA style balanced 1st, and the Titan style balanced 1st.

When it's mated to the SEA style first, it's identical internally to the SeaQuest Spectrum XR2. Which is also a quality reg. It goes without saying that it loses some of it's performance when on the Titan 1st.

I will have to find out which first stage it is connected to I will let you know...

I got a good deal on a package from my LDS so I will finally have all my gear!

I cannot wait!

thanks for the input :mario:

Are you picking up a close-out model? If so you should get a great deal on it. Just to give you an idea:

The SEA has been renamed to the Cousteau 1st, and comes in 3 different formats. The Cousteau Micra Adjustable, The Cousteau plain jane, and The Cousteau Glacia. All three are good choices. I believe I saw the Cousteau go for $200 at Leisure Pro. I'm sure there are going to be other resources as well, just look around and I'm sure you'll find a great deal.

By the way, if ya know anyone who wants a Apeks set-up lemme know... ICQ: 84101234

hello all.

I myself am looking for a substantial product review on the Aqualung Impulse Cryo with a Cousteau first stage. This set-up apparently has double sealing at the first stage. I must admit I'm not very privy to the technicalities of the gear since I just started diving a few months ago but I believe I would be needing a sealed first stage due to not-so-clean dive spots that I wish to visit. However, at the shop I visited, the owner tested this set-up on a tank and it performed quite at par with a ScubaPro G250 with MK20 firststage.

I've seen it performed on land but somehow I feel that I need to get first hand views from people who have tried the set-up. I'd appreciate it if any of you can give me feedback on this.

PS.

The Impulse is no longer part of Aqualung's new catalog. Any news on why they pulled it off the market?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom