Faber/Blue Steel HP100s for similar HP100 tanks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

willgr1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks!

So I have this set of BRAND NEW Faber/Blue Steel 100s (mid-pressure, rated 3180 psi) my girlfriend bought. After 1 dive she realized these tanks are just too negative for her! After some research we found they are in fact more negative than HP100 tanks. So...

We would like to trade someone our 1 DIVE tanks for a set of Faber FX-100s or another HP100 set of comparable buoyancy (around 7lbs. negative when full). To make this a a better deal we are will to trade for a set that has a few years on them.

The set I have are brand new (again, only 1 dive), have a brand new hydro and vis and O2 cleaning with a partial 32% fill. They are setup for sidemount and thus have a right-hand and a left-hand valve with 200 bar din convertible doughnuts (we can swap valves if needed).

If anyone is interested in an upgrade give me a shout, the tanks are located in Tampa, FL, I am NOT willing to ship, but would be ok with driving a little bit if needed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a set of 4 year old worthington hp-100 doubles with dive-rite bands and manifolds I'd be willing to trade in Key West. I'd be willing to put fresh hydro on them if you like. I also have OMS 85's if you'd rather.

Hi Wookie-

We think the -10 buoyancy of the worthington may still be too much, ideally we'd like the -7lbs. of the FX tanks or something along those lines. I own a set of genesis 100s which are -7lbs. and she dives those perfectly, so for cave diving purposes we'd like something along those lines. I will keep your offer in mind and if nothing pops up, but thanks for the offer!

I own a set of genesis 100s which are -7lbs. and she dives those perfectly, so for cave diving purposes we'd like something along those lines.
Sounds like you found a trade, since she likes your tanks.

If you have HP100s, then I think you already own the FX-100 from Faber. Your post leads me to believe you have the M-100s (midpressure) which are -14lbs full.

http : // bluesteelllc . com / products.htm - I don't have enough posts to do a link yet heh

If you have M-100 and were sold HP100, you probably should get with the seller/shop and find out what they sold you vs what you paid for.

you are correct dingus, i do have the midpressure 100s...they are rated at 3180 + 10% pressure if I recall correctly...I'll correct the original post

And I will take your advise on the email

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom