Valhalla feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deco stop in the missile silo. Heh. That is kind of funny.

I can understand how this might happen though. There is not a whole lot to see until you get to about 100+ ft.

thought I heard at one time that it also is considered an altitude dive is that true?

Yes, it is an altitude dive, barely.
When I was there, they made it a very short 15 min "altitude class" for insurance purposes
Yes, it is deep, most of the stuff is ~100 so you can hit deco.
They hang a bottle of gas just in case at 15-20'
EAN 32 is a nice gas for the dive if you want a little extra bottom time

This was the last place I thought I would end up on a decompression stop. But oh well it happens. The hike out is the worst part- yuck ola...

The first time I went there I did 3 dives...
by the 3rd I had a pretty good Nitrogen load and knew before hand I'd have to make it a shorter dive. All cool and that is what happened. (A pony bottle would be a nice thing to have when you go just in case). I think lots of folks forget just how far down they are when they go to the Silo.
I mean.. it's super clear and you just drop straight down and hang out for awhile... " but"
it's still 113 feet deep down there and like somebody said it's an altitude dive on top of that so you have to plan that in as well.

I just wish there were some trees and less visibility down there and then it would be perfect :D

You can see some pics from my last dive Richerso and I did there at my Flickr photo page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10505188@N04/sets/72157601004828935/

lots of good information in here. there is another trip scheduled for february 5th & 6th, 2011 through the dive shop in san marcos. i'm not sure where to stay/camp. valhalla is out in the-middle-of-nowhere right? if temps stay this low, camping might not be a realistic option. what kind of profiles have those in this thread logged on EAN32?

Are you sure it is the Dive Shop in San Marcos?
Are you sure it is Feb 5th and 6th and not March 5th and 6th?
And you can camp inside the Silo control room @68 degrees.

It is Feb 5th and 6th with the Dive Shop in San Marcos. I am running the trip. I figured it would be to cold and am looking at some hotels on the loop. A short drive won't hurt anyone and a hot shower after will be nice.

Cost is $75 to go. Just let me know if you wish to go. :)

oooo that sounds like fun.....can you either post or pm some more details? I live in San Angelo so i would prob just drive up and dive.

Back
Top Bottom