Solo Diving Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r4e

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since there does not seem to be that many solo diving videos on the net, I placed one on Vimeo:

Solo Diving a Russian Underwater Forest on Vimeo

Imagine travelling 24 hours by land and water to the remote wildernesses of Russia and then splashing into a lake most likely nobody has ever dived before and then dive within an ancient underwater forest. It was a pity the day was cloudy, the visibility so and so and the depth dark, but, I enjoyed these solo dives very far away from civilization - also 16 hours away from the nearest chamber btw.

I performed there 3 dives solo and one dive with the hired boat hand. Just to make him less sorry, but, the purpose of my trip was to dive solo.

If you search Vimeo, you should be able to find two other solo dive videos by others.

Does anybody else have solo diving videos to share?

Neat video. Seems like a beautiful part of Russia. Thanks for sharing!

I think most UW Photo/Videographers shoot solo for the most part. It's nice to get some divers in the shots, but If you are serious about getting the shot, you can't be responsible for anything but yourself and your camera.
about 90 percent of my footage is shot with no-one else in the water, and I NEVER allow anyone to belive that I will be paying attention to them to make sure they are safe....I am not a Babysitter.
Anyone else on a professional video dive, is either an extra, or support .

Not the most recent of videos ( in fact I think this is dive ten ) the caption should say New Years day 2010.

YouTube - Port Cornaa

Vis is usually way better than this.

Great, Thanks

Thanks for sharing. I liked the idea of a responsible solo diver occasionally showing to himself (and to the videocamera) the dive computer and remaining air.

Makes for intresting viewing, but NOT helpful for safety to show the camera your gauges.

Just make sure YOU know what you have left.

I have an extra computer strapped to the back of my camera rig so that I can see it without looking down from the viewfinder. ....also my pressure gauge is ALWAYS clipped off on my upper chest D-ring so that is can glance at it without using my hands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom