DIY pee valve parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimmy71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, i lost the little screw on cap for my dive rite pee valve and they have informed me that they do not sell it and i would have to purchase a whole new valve.

To say the least, this has pissed me off and i have decided to try to make a DIY one. Problem is that i am lazy! Does anyone sell the parts listed here or have simple links to them? DIY P-valve plans

I know this is pretty much the light monkey model that sells for 60 bucks

Any help?

All of this is available at your local Home Depot / Lowe's stores. The only modification you'll have to do is the axial hole and cross-drilled hole on the center bolt.

The problem is that it'll be all brass and/or stainless, and it's HEAVY. I haven't any friends with a mill to do the work for me to make the center bolt and the barbed elbow out of lighter materials to make it more worth while.

Now, what you can do is find out what size/thread count that missing screw is (careful trial and error if you can't find anyone here on SB to check theirs), and drill & cross-drill it yourself. That'd be about a dollar's worth of a screw and if you have a vise to hold it, about 10 minutes of work to drill out a brass screw of the correct dimensions.

Remember, if you attempt to match a different screw any resistance means a mismatch and proceeding will destroy the existing threads. That said, if you do this by mistake - simply go to the next size up (I would go metric as it is a smaller increment) and rethread it with a tap (a single tap is pretty cheap too). Then drill in the next sized screw that you made it fit. It's a pain in the a$$, but all is not lost if you destroy the threads trying to determine the size/thread count needed.

SO - anyone out there willing to determine the size of screw (and threads - NF, NS, etc) that the OP needs?

Last edited by a moderator:
well the problem with my dive rite is not so easily fixed. I am looking for the part in my picture. That will not be able to be replaced with something over the counter :( Dive right also says that they do not sell that part. If you have any ideas i would be happy to hear them. It is model ex2744eq if that helps

The DIY bolt is actually for sale on the internet for 10 bucks. If i use a nylon 90 degree bend thingy, the SS bolt woudl pretty much self tap. That is an idea.

Attachments

• 1-25-2011 3;46;00 PM.jpg
    1-25-2011 3;46;00 PM.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 301
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom