Sea Shepherd has found the Japanese Whaling Fleet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ady Gil was out of fuel????? You have got to be kidding.

The Ady Gil was out of fuel. They were waiting to be refueled by the Bob Barker. When it appeared evident that the Shonan Maru was aiming straight for them they tried to get out of the way (i'm quite sure they were in panic mode by then.) You cannot stage the aggression of another ship. There was no way to KNOW that the ship was going to run them over. The Ady, just sitting there was not an eminent threat to the Japanese, and there was no excuse for it.

The Ady Gil was out of fuel. They were waiting to be refueled by the Bob Barker. When it appeared evident that the Shonan Maru was aiming straight for them they tried to get out of the way (i'm quite sure they were in panic mode by then.) You cannot stage the aggression of another ship. There was no way to KNOW that the ship was going to run them over. The Ady, just sitting there was not an eminent threat to the Japanese, and there was no excuse for it.

The Ady Gil was there as a video prop, it served it's purpose.
The Ady Gil powered in so that it just got a glancing blow from the other ship. Sea Shepherd claims that the Ady Gil sunk because of the collision but her captain says that there was an argument and he finally allowed them to scuttle the boat.

I doubt that it was out of fuel because the captain talks about pumping out the fuel before they sank it.

Speaking of the Ady Gil, the captain describes Sea Shepherd as dishonest and morally bankrupt

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dis...-whale-wars-captain-lashes-out-at-colleagues/

Like I said. Some people are very misinformed. Out of fuel. :shakehead:

I didn't think anyone had ever claimed that. Talk about being misinformed!

Really? I must have misunderstood what Allison meant by this:

Uh, you are completely wrong. The Ady was out of fuel and dead in the water. They couldn't move out of the way. The Japanese boat clearly turned onto them with the intention of ramming them. Please, watch the various videos before making such a statement.

English is not my first language so please help by explaining what "The Ady was out of fuel and dead in the water." means.

Yes, Pete Bethune and Paul Watson had a falling out. There is alot more to that story and too much to get into right now. Pete has formed his own group and that is great. The more conservationists organizations the better. I started this thread to keep people updated. You are all entitled your opinions and you can believe what you want. I can't change what you believe just as you can't change what I believe. I will keep supplying the updates as they happen and I expect the same old responses as I get every year. The updates will be here for those that care to know.

English is not my first language so please help by explaining what "The Ady was out of fuel and dead in the water." means.

We are on the same page Zippsy. Until Allison made that claim I had never even heard someone say the Ady Gil was out of fuel. But all it takes is for someone to make a claim like that and then folks who have no idea what happened start repeating it. The video doesn't lie. They had plenty of fuel to do what they set out to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom