Thailand - Similan Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishguy

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from a great trip to the Similans. The amount of damage to the reef was rather eye opening. However, it was still amazing...and so nice to dive in warm water for once. I still have lots of work to do, but I'm game to practice.

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

clown2.jpg

and my favourite fish I saw during a safety stop...

IMG_1144.jpg

Who did you guys go with? I'm just in the process of booking my dive trip now :)

AleG - lol...I never realized the pair thing happening with the fish. These just happened to be, what I thought were the best pictures I had.

fredaroony - we were on the MV Pawara with Big Blue Diving. This was on a recommendation from a staff member at our local dive shop who had worked on that boat a year ago. Since this was our first liveaboard experience we have no frame of reference, but we ejnoyed ourselves immensely. The boat was nice and roomy (as boats go) and the staff were great. We would go with them again if the opportunity arises.

fishguy-------great pics, what camera you using??...tia

I'm using a Canon G11 with an Ikelite housing and DS51 strobe.

One more with only a single item in the picture...

IMG_1225.jpg

Nice photos. I was there in 2006 on the Mermaid live-aboard. The reefs seemed very healthy then. What happened?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom