Why it should be LAW that people should get certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about learning how to SWIM in elementary and high school physical education?

Drowning is the second-leading cause of injury-related death among children under the age of 15.

We force our children to take those ridiculous DARE courses --at huge taxpayer expense-- from police officers with absolutely ZERO background in mental health, drug rehabilitation, or education... and yet most kids can't swim, don't have access to pools, and don't need to learn it in school.

Here's an alternate topic: should an American be awarded a high school diploma without having read Nineteen Eighty-Four? That one should, in my opinion, is almost as difficult to defend as your proposal.

Last edited:
Yep. My teacher said it had potential but after reading your comments, maybe not so much...

Not meaning to knock the wind out of your sails, start with something you really do know. You love scuba and it seems you are new to diving. Why not focus on the joy of the sport? You could clearly have a good argument about the pleasures involved, seeing fish, conquering something new....Think a little more on what would make a good presentation.

Glad you didn't take offense at my post, it wasn't meant to be offensive. And good luck on your English assignment.

The last thing we need are more nonsensical laws in this country. It's pretty ridiculous as it is. You clearly have the ability to think creatively, so you might be able to put a different spin on this? :)

Not meaning to knock the wind out of your sails, start with something you really do know. You love scuba and it seems you are new to diving. Why not focus on the joy of the sport? You could clearly have a good argument about the pleasures involved, seeing fish, conquering something new....Think a little more on what would make a good presentation.

Glad you didn't take offense at my post, it wasn't meant to be offensive. And good luck on your English assignment.

no problem thanks for your input. however it has to be a debatable topic that has two distinct sides, not just describing something.... also since i live in a mostly liberal community, something more right wing would probably do the trick

I graduated less than 10 year ago from High School and we read 1984. I really liked that book and always thought Orwell had a cool mind.

Every California citizen should be required to own a handgun, assault weapon, and taser to protect themselves against the invasion from the south and can use paintball guns (they are guns by the way not "markers") to practice on drag queens from San Francisco that look like Nancy Pelosi. How's that for right wing?:D That will get you an A plus!

Considering the comment of "mostly liberal", the chance that maybe one of your classmates may end up in politics, and California tends to set the political climate for the rest of the U.S., I'd say, don't plant an early seed in someones mind for future tax revenue. IJS:idk:
I like Jim Lapenta's idea, but wear this costume :troll: when you present THAT topic in class. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom