Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyler, I basically agree with your PM, but I like to keep these discussions in the thread. It may help some & drive others mad. I find both to be worthwhile pass times.

No, I have no experience with either Hamilton-Kenyon algos. Are you using the Nautilus Dive Planner.

SC, yes, faze means the same thing here as it does there. I tend to abuse the F/PH convention at times though, & rite things like fone & phuk on the odd occasion. Thanx for the PM.

Tyler, I basically agree with your PM, but I like to keep these discussions in the thread. It may help some & drive others mad. I find both to be worthwhile pass times.

No, I have no experience with either Hamilton-Kenyon algos. Are you using the Nautilus Dive Planner.

SC, yes, faze means the same thing here as it does there. I tend to abuse the F/PH convention at times though, & rite things like fone & phuk on the odd occasion. Thanx for the PM.

Just curious about the Hamilton-Kenyon stuff. I actually was looking at Nautilus more for curiosities sake.....I've already got jDeco, MVPlanner, V-Planner, and a couple others.

Fair enough........the "driving others mad" part is why I PM'd you as I realized we may have been getting off topic, even if it is related. For others to see, here is what I wrote to him in a PM:

"Thanks for the discussion. What I was getting at with the Oceanics using the Buhlmann derived Z+ algo is that they'd probably be suitable for mild deco dives, even if they don't mirror a bubble model or allow the use of GF's. Reason being what I would define as a mild deco dive.....100-125ft with 15-20 minutes of deco. With that small of an obligation, I imagine a pure Buhlmann wouldn't be too different from VPM or Buhlmann using something as radical as 10/85. However, even with that dive profile, Pelagic's DSAT would still be a bit too old-school.

By any chance do you have experience with the following?

Hamilton-Kenyon (DCAP) 11F16 Matrix

Hamilton-Kenyon Bubble Model (HKBM)"

People, feel free to chime-in. Makes me feel like a dork that there's only 3 people on SB that I've ever conversed with over deco algorithims. I guess I am a dork......my girl is taking me out to dinner on Saturday where the owner is a diver. She told me to bring extra wine and cash so she can go get a pedicure next door while we bore her.....

She'll learn. In time.....she'll learn.

Back
Top Bottom