Ice Diving Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"The diver later came by to apologize and offered a couple beers as a peace offering, the fishers said."

Why would the diver be the one to apologize? The article states that the divers had a flag properly displayed, but the fishermen didn't know what it meant.

A very gracious diver!

I don't know what was more entertaining about this story:
  • the example of Minnesota "nice" or
  • the asthmatic fisherman yelling to his buddy as the diver's hand breached the surface, "Hand me a cigarette. Hand me a cigarette."
After all, the asthmatic didn't have his inhaler with him...

"The diver later came by to apologize and offered a couple beers as a peace offering, the fishers said."

Why would the diver be the one to apologize? The article states that the divers had a flag properly displayed, but the fishermen didn't know what it meant.

A very gracious diver!

Very gracious! The fishermen go away having learned something, and with an appreciation of the good manners of divers, and what is the meaning of a dive flag.

It could have been much different if the diver had come off as an :ummhat:

Very gracious! The fishermen go away having learned something, and with an appreciation of the good manners of divers, and what is the meaning of a dive flag.

It could have been much different if the diver had come off as an :ummhat:

Indeed. This diver reminds me of the kind of guy Sting sang about in Englishman in New York:

It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile​

:)

Reactions: Jax

Back
Top Bottom