fast ascent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi,

after the dive i bleed from my nose, but this is my deepest dive so fat, so i dont know if its unusual.

do i have any risk for Decompression? what can i do to minimize the risks relating to that phenomena?

Sounds like you are OK regarding a lung expansion injury, you would likely have more serious symptoms by now. Regarding the blood in mask this is a very common event with divers, it is usually caused by the mucous in the sinus cavity that gets expelled. This happens allot with new divers and divers that haven't been in the water for a long time. I don't know exactly why it happens it just does, maybe someone with more of a medical background can answer this one.
ZDD

Not a medical professional, but a hemophiliac that is prone to bleeding.
I was told that the constant changes in pressure in our sinuses and clearing can cause minuscule bleeding. Not a big deal for most people, not a very good thing for bleeders!! Hence why I always get an injection before diving.

Congratulations on avoiding the phenomenon
of the late seventies, early eighties, tragedy.

You're a student OW diver.... so where was your instructor when you had the problem?

What did he advise you about it afterwards?

when we got down, i used the inflator. i felt that something go wrong and the instructor noticed too. then he uncliped my low-pressure hose fastly and fixed the problem ( while i vented the air in the vast). we continued to swim and then i tried to use the inflator again, and again the pump button stuck. this time the instructor wasnt near me and i ascended very fast.

24 hours after the incident i coughed blood (felt the blood like you feel a phlegm in the throat). then i went to a doctor who said that i breath normaly so the blood was probably related to the sinus/the ears.

more then 72 hours has passed since the incident, and i feel quite good (nothing hurt), except for my ears,who are still blocked.

most important, i dont cough blood :)
hope that everything is alright...

During my first open water check out dive, I injured my ears. After a month of having blocked ears, I went to the doctor. He said my ear drums were swollen, and water had gotten stuck behind them. He recommended Sudafed and nasal spray. After a few days, my ears cleared up, haven't had problems since.

when we got down, i used the inflator. i felt that something go wrong and the instructor noticed too. then he uncliped my low-pressure hose fastly and fixed the problem ( while i vented the air in the vast). we continued to swim and then i tried to use the inflator again, and again the pump button stuck. this time the instructor wasnt near me and i ascended very fast.

Are you saying this was a certification dive i.e. you are not yet OW certified?

Are you saying this was a certification dive i.e. you are not yet OW certified?

First post first line he says he is an open water student.

First post first line he says he is an open water student.

Noted Garth, but he also said this (in bold).
hi,

i'm an open water student, who has dived only few times for shallow deeps.?

The OP states that English is not his first language so I was trying to get clarification.

When he said he was a student, it's possible he may have meant that he was doing practice dives (post certification) with an instructor (or DM?) as a buddy.

Either way, big pat on the back for him not panicking in that situation.

Noted Garth, but he also said this (in bold).

The OP states that English is not his first language so I was trying to get clarification.

When he said he was a student, it's possible he may have meant that he was doing practice dives (post certification) with an instructor (or DM?) as a buddy.

Either way, big pat on the back for him not panicking in that situation.

Agreed. Sorry if I sounded short. I reread my post and well it didn't sound good the second time. Typos and misspellings annoy me a bit I must admit, but I understand if the guy isn't English speaking primarily.

Greetings Scuba150 and I recommend that you call Divers Alert Network or DAN.
1-800-326-3822 is the non-diving emergency number place a call and give them your symptoms and doctors phone number.
Seek professional health advice and follow their advice.

I am sorry that your dive did not go as well as you would have liked.
It is very important to be able to disconnect your inflator hose for just this emergency.
I would be sure to practice this skill till it was reflex.
Please keep us updated on your status and get well soon!

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom