Under Armour under my dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too have the Fusion Bullet. i wear the UA base layer in addition to UA sweats and fleecs tops. If necessay I have a pair of cheapo fleece bottoms for under the UA sweats.

I bought the 2.0 and the 3.0 I wear the 2.0 if diving the deeper wrecks in The Keys and when I'm at home doing late fall or ice diving i'll wear the 3.0 and layer up from there. I dont like being too warm, just comfy.

But there are definitly cheaper alternatives to the UA stuff but its only 10 or 20 bucks so whats the point....the Under Armour looks way cooler.

When I was using my neoprene drysuit, I used under armor and mil-spec polar fleece.
Now I use my under armor and my viking comfort plus under my Xtreme.

I will be getting my Dry suit certification at the end of February here in Texas and the water is going to be cold, maybe not as cold as anywhere in the northeast, but still cold to a southern boy. I just wanted to see if anyone had any good luck with something like the Under Armour cold Gear worn under my T100 bare undergarments, because I don' think that the T100 undergarment is going to be enough in the 45 degree water. I do get cold easy, I wear a 3/2 mm wet suit in almost 90 degree water in the summer. Thanks

That is exactly what I wear, Under Armor Compression Cold Gear and a T100. I am good only to about 60 degrees in a trilam suit. I get cold easily also. I cannot offer a solution as I do not dive temps that cold, mid 50's is my max and that is if I add a Whites MK1 to the above undergarments with 2 pair of thick merino wool socks.

Give that Under Armour a try. If you don't find it satisfactory for diving, it has plenty of topside use. It lasts real well and you won't be throwing your money away.

Remember that underwear is life support equipment and you get what you pay for. See your local dive professional to make sure it is fitted correctly.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom